Summer vacation started, however here I am, creating a free amigurumi doll pattern, fast and easy, which you can make with a couple of hours and, for a great reason!
As I mentioned before, I am in the middle of a bunch of work in progress preparing a basket gift for my friend’s baby shower. I shared 5 free crochet patterns for newborns that I am currently doing.
A few days ago, my niece Nina (5) comes to me and asks for a doll that she could put beside her bed at the hotel so she would be protected at night. Most importantly, she was traveling the next day morning… In conclusion, the name “Nina, the night doll” has two meanings: her protection and the time of the day I was working on her.
PIN IT FOR LATER!
Having this little time to work, I made this doll a miniature (on the other hand, that is an excuse… I always make miniatures anyways…) and trying to be as simpler as I could, but end up making her head squared… and changes of yarns for the dress…. Just adding some little things, so she wouldn’t be without some special touches But anyways, nothing scary!
Anyways, enough said! Let’s begin!
Firstly, I want to say that for every stitch and technique used for making this doll, there is a tutorial with written lesson, step by step pictures and a small video (about 2min) with the complete movements. I leave the links below.
- Easy way to make a magic ring
- How to do single crochet (SC)
- The perfect way to finish your amigurumi.
- How to increase (inc)
- What is invisible decrease (invDEC or DEC)
- How to back post single crochet (BPSC)
I hope you enjoy this free Amigurumi doll pattern. And, in addition, you have any questions, leave in the comments below and I’ll be happy to reply to you!
- The most important to remember is to keep your stitch with a tight tension, this way, you won’t have any see-through gaps.
- To help me keep my stitches tight, I prefer using yarn for a thicker needle than the one I would be using for the Amigurumi.
- Always count your stitches after every row, so you will make sure to have the total amount of stitches.
- Use a piece of yarn to mark the last stitch, so you won’t miss where the beginning and end of your row are!
Nina, the night doll – free amigurumi doll pattern
- Skin color, white, dark blue, and gray yarn.
- Black thread to embroider the eyes.
- Stuffing material.
- 2mm crochet needle.
Finish size: about 11cm
BODY AND HEAD
Firstly, start the body of the amigurumi doll by the feet, with gray yarn,
- 1 row 6sc in a magic ring
- 2 row 6inc Total 12sts
- 3 row 12bpsc
- 4 row 12sc
Cut the yarn and fasten off
Make another one following the same instructions.
Don’t fasten off the second leg, change to dark blue, and connect the two legs by inserting the loop of the needle inside one stitch of the first leg, following,
- 5 row 24sl (12 from each leg)
- 6 row (3sc, 1inc) repeat 6 times Total 30sts
Add the white yarn and start alternating the two colors
7 to 9 row 30sc (making 1sc in dark blue and 1sc in white)
From here, back to work only with dark blue
- 10 row (13sc, 1dec) repeat 2 times Total 28sts
- 11 row (12sc, 1dec) repeat 2 times Total 26sts
- 12 row (11sc, 1dec) repeat 2 times Total 24sts
- 13 row (10sc, 1dec) repeat 2 times Total 22sts
- 14 row (9sc, 1dec) repeat 2 times Total 20sts
Change to skin color yarn.
- 15 row 20blsl
For row 16, you are going to make the stitch by inserting the needle inside the remaining front loop of row 14. This will make the row 15 to be inside the toy, creating the neck.
- 16 row 20flsc
- 17 row (3sc, 2inc, 1inc, 3sc, 1inc, 2inc) repeat 2 times total 32sts
ps: here, when is 2inc you are going to make 3sc in the same stitch. When ins 1inc, you are going to make 2sc in the same st.
18 row 8sc, (3)inc, 4sc, (3)inc, 9sc, (3)inc, 5sc, (3)inc, 2sc total 44sts
ps: here, (3)inc means you are going to make 4sc in same stitch (this will make her head slightly squared)
- 19 to 26 row 44sc
- 27 row 9sc, 2dec, 4sc, 2dec, 10sc, 2dec, 5sc, 2dec Total 36sts
ps: 2dec = 1invDEC following by another invDEC (4sts becoming 2)
- 28 row 8sc, 2dec, 2sc, 2dec, 8sc, 2dec, 2sc, 2dec Total 28sts
- 29 row (5sc 2dec, 1sc, 2dec) repeat 2 times Total 20sts
- 30 row (6sc, 2dec) repeat 2 times Total 16sts
- 31 row (4pb, 2dec) repeat 2 times Total 12sts
Cut the yarn and fasten off.
Secondly, with skin color yarn, begin the arms,
- 1 row 5sc in a magic ring
- 2 row 5inc Total 10sts
- 3 row 10sc
Change to white
4 to 6 row 10sc
Cut the yarn and fasten off. Leave a tail for sewing
Make another one following the same steps.
Cut around 25 pieces of yarn white and 25 gray, with 20cm each. If you want more volume, you can go adding more pieces of hair.
Attach the yarn pieces in the dolls head.
Embroider a moon in her chest.
Embroider the eyes at row 24 with 4 stitches between them
1 row 10sc
Cut the yarn, fasten off and sew the edges fastening the hair up in her head!
Your Night doll is ready! Take time to admire your creation and to pet yourself. After all, you deserve it!
This beginner-friendly amigurumi doll is fast to make and easy to follow. Although, if you have any questions, let in the comment box below, I’ll be happy to help you finish your toy!
If you enjoyed this pattern and want to check it out another, click here!
However, if you wish for more beginner-friendly lessons, tips, and techniques for amigurumi crochet toys, check this part of my blog!
And last but not least, if you are ready for more advanced patterns, check the Etsy shop with more of my creations. All the patterns contain detailed explanations and over 50 step by step pictures to help you complete your toy! And of course, you can always consult me if you have any doubts! I will be happy to chat with you!
See you next time!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Meet Gigi, the newborn mom! A beautiful amigurumi pattern for a 30cm doll